Thursday, December 21, 2006

Round 7: Ben and Starla Cipriani

**Update voiced by Ben Cipriani**
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Welcome back to our home. It's changed a bit since you last saw it. After the birth of our twins Toby and Trey we desperately needed more room. Thanks to a big bonus I got from work, we were able to build a second story just for the boy's bedrooms.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Speaking of the twins, they had a birthday recently and now they are busy with school and friends. It is a relief for Satrla and I. No more diapers to change, no more bottles. We are definitly moving into another stage in our lives as a family.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look at them! All such well behaved boys. And all thanks to their mother...okay I may have had a little to do with it, but I have been so busy working lately making sure all of the bills get paid on time that it was hard to find time enough to spend with them.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our oldest, Owen, became a teenager this week. We celebrated with just our immediate family, but we had a great time.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
**Stats for Owen will be posted next round**
A handsome guy, if I do say so myself. Though seeing him like this makes me think back to the time when he was first born...Starla and I had to figure out everything as we went. Now that we were seasoned parents, we would have to tackle the challenge of teenagers.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is a random shot of the guys having some fun before heading out to school one morning.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And then I got hit with a big shock. After all of my years of dedication and hard work in my life of crime career, I was fired! All due to a bad decission. How was I supposed to know we shouldn't have escaped the heist by boat? Either way it got me pretty down.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I looked for other job opportunities, but nothing sparked my intrest, I was getting older and I had no desire to start over. And due to my "firing" I was black listed from the Rose Island crime ring. Not that I would want to go back to that...it has always been my dream, but I can't compromise myself or my dignity.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
**Stats for Aiden will be posted next round**
In the midst of my depression, our second son Aiden grew into a teen. His birthday practically went unnoticed. I worried that he would be upset that we had a party for Owen, and not for him, but he was such a happy and understanding kid that he never mentioned it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hewas even a shoulder to cry on for his old dad while Iw as trying to sort out my employment situation...or lack there of.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But I didn't sit around for long. I found a new passion in cooking. I started baking like a man possessed, and found that I was rather good at it. At the same time, Starla found a hobby of her own...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She started making boquets and selling them for a modest profit. But our funds were quickly running low again, and I did not want to revisit the poverty we had experienced in the past, so we had an idea.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With the help of our teenage sons, we opened a modest home business on our back porch of all places. Combining my cooking prowess and Starla's flower power we were a force to be reconed with and soon business was booming. We had found our true calling, and the income came in handy.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We got the attention of the local news paper reporter and she was so impressed by our business, and the rags to riches type story our family had that she bestowed upon us the highest honor in the business world, the Best of the Best award.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We hung the award with pride, but we were both thinking that we needed to think about purchasing a community lot for our busniess. It was really begining to out grow our back porch. While we weighed our options and saved some money, Starla decided it was time to enroll the boys in private school.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Headmatster Visit Score:
Food Points: 47
Tour Points: 36
Schmooze Points: 11
Total Points: 94
As you can see, the boys were accepted and we were very proud...and relieved. A headmaster visit can be pretty stressful! But that about wraps up our update this time around. Sorry that we forgot the stats for Owen and Aiden...Starla will get those to you next time.

Family Stats Round 7:
# of sims:6 # of pets: 2
Family Net Worth: 51,694

6 comments:

Roo said...

Great update! Love how you wrapped it all together. Sorry he lost his job, I hate chance cards! Um, when they go bad that is.
The boys are growing up so handsome
The business is booming! Awesome! WTG with the best of the best thing, I have never gotten it. I'm so jealous!

Twoyys4me said...

Poor Ben losing his job- grr to those chance cards- you think you have them figured out then BAM! lol.
Looks like a great new house, and love the Home Business idea, and congrats on the Best of the Best award!
Looking forward to seeing all the boys grow up.

Ziese52 said...

Great update! Congrat on the Best of the Best, haven't gottne that one too much myslef. I loved the picture of all the boys doing there homework.

Unknown said...

Owen is my favorite so far! He is so cute! I hope he's a family sim, b/c I would love to see his babies! I do feel bad for Ben...losing his job and all. Especially if it was his life's goal. But the new business looks like it's off to a good start!

Anonymous said...

Aw... what a cute bunch of boys - so handsome!
Too bad about Ben losing his job - I'm glad he has a hobby.
Glad the business is going well.
Hey - this headmaster is almost normal - no afro! (Darn)

Fairy D said...

Chance cards strike again. But he has recovered nicely. Congrats on the Best of Best. I have yet to get one of those.
The boys are growing up very nice.