Friday, December 29, 2006

Round 8: Lucien and Natasha Cipriani

**update voiced by Natasha Cipriani**
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our week started out pretty normally. Ava, who was going back and forth on whether or not she wanted to attend college, decided to head off for university after all. And I am so proud of her. I would have been happy with whatever decision she would have made, but I am glad it was in favor of furthering her education. She actually ended up with several scholarships.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And our faithful dog Dane has lived his last days. We will miss him, but Lucien will more than the rest of us. Those two were almost inseperable.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We did decide to keep his ashes as a reminder of his wonderful life with us.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And seeing our pet pass only reminded me that I did not have much time left with Lucien. He had lived a long and full life, but was much older than I. I knew when I married, but back then it felt like we had forever in front of us. But time catches up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And on the evening of his 72nd year of life, it was time. None of us were home when he passed on, and maybe it was for the better. I am not sure how I would have held myself together. Goodbye my love.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The twins took it pretty hard losing their father at such a young age. But we had lived our lives very open to our children and they had known as well as I that their father would not be with us for very long. Though they found comfort in eachother, hanging out together when they could.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Each girl had a very diffrent taste in pass times. Sophia was very motherly doing most of the cooking and cleaning.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Scarlet on the other hand was extremely creative and expressive. She played the guitar, the piano, and loved to paint.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We also adopted a cat that we named Bosco. He was a great companion to me through some very lonely times. The girls helped me to care for him, but he was truly my cat. But I decided that I needed more from life. Sure, I was working steadily, but I wasn't fulfilled. I had the inheritence from Lucien plus a whole lifetime of savings burning a hole in my pocket. That's when I decided to purchase this...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A community lot I named "Natasha's". Since the first time I had gone shopping in this town I had wanted to change the face of Rose Island retail and this was my chance.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have alot planned for this old place. And with the help of my girls, it should turn into a great place to shop.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Though I did not end up with much help to begin with. Scarlet soon decided that she needed to grow on her own and moved out to attend college on the heels of her big sister Ava.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sophia though did stay behind. She was more interested in dating and starting a family of her own than going to college. And I could not blame her. Plus she was an extra pair of hands around the store.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And business was going quite well. I have alot of learning (and a bit of redecorating) to do before Natasha's becomes my vision, but it has been a welcome distraction.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And on a last note, here is a pic of Lucien and I from our anniversary party. He will be truly missed.

Family Stats Round 8
# of sims 3 (+2 at college) # of pets: 1
Family Net Worth: 63,035
Business Net Worth: 52,014
Total: 115,049

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update can't wait for the next one!!!

Roo said...

Aw, bye Lucien, you will be missed! He was such a sweet man, poor Natasha. I hope her new shop goes well, brave woman taking on a shop so late in her life. Well heck she needs a hobby!

ASimWen said...

Awww it is nice to see the seniors still doing something fulfilling after their life partner has passed on. Lucien will be missed!

Nice looking store. Glad Natasha will have help in Sophia to keep it going.

Ziese52 said...

Awe lost a pet and her husband. What a sad week for Natasha. At least she's found something to occupy her time.

Anonymous said...

Poor Dane. And 2 seconds later, I thought - that's the best looking urn ever! I've never seen them before!
Bye Lucien, you'll be missed. I really liked those two as a couple.
Awww... the cat sleeps with her to make her not feel as lonely - how cute!
I hope "Natasha's" thrives.

Fairy D said...

I knew it was time but I will miss Lucien.
Good luck with Natasha's. I hope it is the best business in town.