Sunday, December 31, 2006

Round 8: Cipriani, Ben and Starla

**update voiced by Starla Cipriani**
I never have asked for much as a wife and mother. I have supported my husband in his career and raised our four sons with pride and integrity. Even when Ben lost his job, I was there with a new plan. And we started a home business that is tremendously successful. That said, here is our update...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are our handsome sons who have grown up so fast. From left to right they are Aiden my middle child, the twins Toby and Trey, and my oldest Owen.

Aiden Ciprinai: Fortune - LTW - Earn 100,000 Simoleans
Libra: 2 sloppy, 8 outgoing, 4 lazy, 6 playful, 6 nice

Toby Cipriani: Knowledge - LTW - Become Mad Scientist
Gemini: 2 sloppy, 7 outgoing, 9 active, 6 playful, 1 grouchy

Trey Cipriani: Romance - LTW - Become Hall of Famer
Libra: 2 sloppy, 8 outgoing, 4 lazy, 6 playful, 6 nice

Owen Cipriani: Pleasure - LTW - Become Professional Party Guest
Gemini: 2 sloppy, 7 outgoing, 9 active, 6 playful, 1 grouchy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My husband and I though, we had grown apart. Ever since he had lost his job, he had been wanting to rehash a bunch of old relationships from college. I am not sure what had gotten into him, but like anything else I easily dimissed it and let him sew his wild oats one last time. I thought he had ment that he was going out with buddies...guys from the fraternity, but I had been gravely mistaken. Ben had been seeing a young girl that he had met durring his senior year of college named Roxie Sharpe. Nothing had happened between Ben and Roxie then as I was already in the picture. But now Ben was taking it to far. He had been seeing Roxie for weeks and she was upset that he had not ended it with me. Little did I know the thought had never crossed his mind to leave me for her, but the damage was already done.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Able to placate her, the two headed into our back yard for a dip in the jacuzzi while I was still asleep...or so Ben thought.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I woke that morning feeling refreshed, and had stepped outside to water the flowers before opening up shop for the day when I heard something coming from the jacuzzi. I thought that maybe one of the boys had left it running from the night before. But when I rounded the corner I saw them. Roxie in Ben's arms...that was where the laughing was coming from. I was furious, and needless to say Ben was shocked to see me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My emotions got the best of me and I attacked Roxie. I was in a blind rage. All Ben could do was stand by and watch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When it was all over I hate to admit I was on the losing end of the stick. Utterly humiliated, I couldn't believe that this was happening to me. To my perfect family...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That was the last straw. I had selflessly commited myself to a man who obviously no longer appreciated me. So I kicked him out. It was over. I tried to hold together my composure as he pleaded with me to understand, but to be honest I didn't understand.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I didn't let him see me cry. But the moment he left I broke down. What was I going to tell our sons? They were old enough now to completly understand their fathers misdeeds.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But I was strong enough to raise them alone, that I knew. The business now on my shoulders I got ready for the day and went through my normal routine. Funny that not a thing I did on a daily basis included Ben in any way. I hadn't seen the cracks in our relationship. Maybe our love wasn't as perfect as I have claimed.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I found the me that was hiding inside that wife and mother and I decided to live for each day as it came...somtimes I let my expectations of things cloud their reality.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I settled things with Ben...as much as I could. He had moved out of our home and into his father's old place. The divorce was final and that was all that really mattered. We could officially move on.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Though moving on was harder than it sounds. My ex brother in law, Nolan, would come by to see how I was doing. He woudl buy something every time even if had bought two of the same thing already that week. It was sweet, but in a way suffocating. I wanted to see people who didn't remind me of Ben.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And when all else failed I decided to call the gypsy fortuneteller for a blind date. What could it hurt? My husband had found someone else, I still had some life left in me. So I took the chance.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And I ended up having a really great time. My date was with handyman Edward Landchild. He was a mature and honest man with a heart of gold. He had never been married, stating he had never truly been in love, and that he regretted it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Edward warmed up to the boys right away. They even got together and threw me a birthday party. I was actually starting to feel happiness again and it was great.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A part of me does wonder if Ben and I could have amde it work, but things seem to be going in the right direction despite the obvious detours.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Aiden went off to college. I am sure he will do great there.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And my little Owen, my baby has become a man.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am not sure what's next for us, but I can say that life comes at you fast and I can't wait to see what's around the next corner.

Family Stats Round 8
# of sims: 4 (+1 at college, -1 Ben moved out)
# of pets: 2
Family Funds: 73,185

6 comments:

Roo said...

Oh wow, Oh wow, holy cow!
Go Starla, even if she didn't win the fight, she won the battle. That good for nothing Ben, he deserves to be kicked out!
I guess the kids took it okay then, I mean they are old enough to understand. They sure are handsome!
Edward better treat her right, she doesn't need another Ben!

ASimWen said...

You are a stronger Simmer than me, I can't make my Sims get a divorce. Hmmm.... (thinking about possible drama for Prosperity Falls....) heh. I like that handyman guy in every hood.

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying reading your blog, and I commend you for updating so readily! I once had a prosperity challenge, but it ended quite quickly. Keep up the good work and Happy New Years!

Ziese52 said...

Nice update. Good for Starla to kick that cheating so and so out. Oh the drama! Guard the trash cans!

Anonymous said...

Good for her - kicking his cheating butt out! I'm glad she found someone that appreciates her now!

Fairy D said...

That really took me by surprise. I did not expect a cheating husband. But at least Starla is happy again.
Great update.