Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Cipriani: The Beginning

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lucien Cipriani (CAS Adult)
Popularity - Have 20 Best Friends
Libra - 2 sloppy, 8 outgoing, 2 lazy, 6 playful, 7 nice


Hello, my name is Lucien Cipriani. I thought that moving to Rose Island would be just the begining for my young family. Turns out I was right in an unexpected way. My wife Polly and I had purchased our first home only a few months before. The day that we were set to move in, tragedy struck.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My darling wife was taken from us. She had been suffering from what we guessed was a common cold for weeks, and before she was able to cross the threshold into our new home, she passed away from her illness which had turned out to be much more serious than we had thought. Polly had been an amazing mother, the glue that held our family together. I did not know if I could do it alone, but we were about to find out. I was left to raise our two boys.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ben Cipriani (CAS Teen)
Knowledge - Become Criminal Mastermind
Libra - 2 sloppy, 7 outgoing, 4 lazy, 6 playful, 6 nice
Nolan Cipriani (CAS child)
Sagittarius - 3 sloppy, 4 shy, 7 active, 6 playful, 5 nice

Ben had just turned 16, and Nolan was only 9. Polly and I had planned to have more children some day, but that was not meant to be.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I tried, for the sake of my boys, to hold myself together, but inside I was falling apart.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ben was more of a father figure to Nolan than I was. But I was thankful for that, at least my youngest had someone to lean on in the difficult days following his mothers passing. I will admit that I was not a model father in those days. I spent most nights after work at Lucky Shack Cards and Drink, drowning my sorrows, and gambling away what little money we had left.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's when I realized that something had to change. I was filling the void left by my wife with the wrong things. Deep down I was very lonely, but I wasn't sure I was ready to meet anyone new, or how the boys would take it if I did...

Family Stats For Round 1:
Playable Sims: 3
Family Net Worth: 20,000

4 comments:

Rhexy said...

My lovely comments from before the move:

SGX1018 said...
That's sad, how the dad waste all of the money on bets and alcohol...

6:09 PM


ruby said...
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem! Now on to a better life for the family... heck he needs a new wife to keep him busy and away from gambling *g*

11:25 AM


PRMami said...
Oh how sad It seems a lot of lonely sims seem to be drowning their sorrows and pain in the wrong vices.

10:52 AM


Rachel said...
What a sad story. I hope he can pull it together for his boys

6:04 PM

Anonymous said...

The 1st step to recovery is admitting you gotta problem? Definitely!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy... wife dies, turns to drinking... Maybe he'll come around.

Fairy D said...

Poor boys, Losing mom and dad becomes a drunk. But I have faith in dad. He's going to be just fine.