Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Finally a Family: Ben and Starla Pt. 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is my first time contributing to our 'updates', my husband Ben has taken care of it thus far. But I am happy to be able to help you to get to know me and my family. For those who don't know, I am Starla Cipriani. Here is some info about me since my lovely husband forgot to include it last time...
Starla Cipriani
Family - LTW: Reach Golden Anniversary
Cancer - 6 neat, 3 shy, 1 lazy, 4 serious, 6 nice
Life has been good for Ben and I. We have spent the last week just getting comfortable in our new adult lives. And though my job did not work out, Ben has been very successful in his, and supportive of my desire to start our family instead of going back to work right away. And not long after I lost my job I was pregnant.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I wasn't showing yet, but our first baby was already taking it's toll on my body and I quickly discovered that I don't take kindly to pregnancy. From the moment I concieved I was hungry, tired, and downright cranky. As usual, Ben was extremely supportive and loving throughout the whole experience. I probably would not have made it without him!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But the further along I got, the more it made me wonder if becoming pregnant was a good idea. For the first time in my life I began to question my life's focus.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Don't get me wrong, I wanted our child more than anything, but I was thinking that adoption was going to be the way to go in the future! Though it felt like a hundred years, it was soon time to deliver our baby.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
To be honest, the delivery was the easy part for me! Maybe it was because I was glad that the pregnancy was over, or just that I was excited to meet my baby...either way it was not too difficult.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had a son who we named Owen. He was absolutely darlng. One look at him and, believe it or not, I was ready to go through the whole horrid pregnancy thing again!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ben was excited about Owen, but caring for infants didn't come as naturally to him as I had hoped. I just reassured him that you don't have to be great with babies to be a great dad. They don't stay little for very long anyway.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I probably shouldn't have said that I would be willing to go through the pregnancy thing again because before I knew it I was getting those all too familiar sick feelings.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But despite my fears, my second pregnancy was going much better than the first. Of course I was tired and hungry, but I was far less crabby. But there was one downfall to being pregnant again so soon, my poor kitties were not getting as much attention as they were acustomed to, and ended up going to great lengths to find companionship. Most afternoons Armand could be found watching soccer if the tv had been left on.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And although the second pregnancy was easier on me, it still was in no way simple and I missed Owen's birthday because I fell asleep on the couch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thank goodness for Ben. He had gotten alot better at caring for Owen, and was always willing to spend his free time with his son.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I woke from my nap on Owen's birthday to find myself in labor! Our second child was on the way.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Meet Aiden. Our second son. After this little one was born I decided that we needed a bit of a break from having babies. I despretly wanted a girl, but was not about to try for another one for while. So I spend my days with my boys.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I look forward to seeing them grow, and possibly adding one more to the mix at some point...hopefully not too soon!

Family stats for Round 5:
# of sims: 6 (includes 2 pets)
Family Net Worth: 27,201

8 comments:

Roo said...

Too funny the cat watches tv! I love it .. aw the kitties need attention too.
The kids are adorable and the parents are lucky to have them. Come on now, ya know you want to have a little girl to dote over. One more kid and cross your fingers for twins *giggle*
Great update!

SGX1018 said...

Another awesome update!

Congrats on the boys, they look cool...and I really hope that Starla gets the girl she's wishing for....

ASimWen said...

It is a good thing cats are independent beings. They probably don't mind the babies at all. :-)

Anonymous said...

I laughed at the cat watching tv. LOL

Poor Starla, I'm glad the 2nd pregnancy went better. Hope the next one is a girl!

Ziese52 said...

Poor Starla had a rough pregnancy. They can get scarey sometimes. Glad she made it through and the second was better. Good thing cats are pretty good at entertaining themselves. :)

Just Moi said...

OMgawd that is too funny seeing the cat watch tv - my real cats do that too and it always makes my laugh when they try catching things on the screen

Seems Starla can't handle giving birth - on some Sims thay are just fine whereas others they are on the brink of literally dying no matter how much they eat or sleep

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Owen is. Man did she get pregnant quickly after she had him! She wasn't kidding when she said one look at him made her want another!
Laughing at the cat watching TV - does it up their social any, I wonder?
What cute boys! Aiden is just sweet! I can't wait to see the next baby!

Fairy D said...

WOW! the boys are cuties. I don't blame her for wanting to wait a bit for number 3.