Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Swain: the Beginning

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Natasha Swain (CAS teen)
Family - Reach Golden Anniversary
Taurus - 7 neat, 9 outgoing, 1 lazy, 8 playful, 0 grouchy

My name is Natasha Swain. Just a few weeks after my 16th birthday there was a horrible fire in our families apartment in the city. I was able to escape with my baby sister Marriah unharmed, but my parents, John and Claudia, weren't so lucky. They both parished in the awful blaze leaving me to care for myself and Marriah.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Marriah Swain (CAS toddler)
Cancer - 7 neat, 5 shy, 6 active, 1 serious, 6 nice

Before their deaths, my parents had purchased a small cottage on Rose Island. Their plan had been to tear down the old cottage and build a new home on the property.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It wasn't much, but I was more than thankful to have a place to live. We moved in and I quickly hired a nanny to help me with Marriah while I was in school.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Being as young as I was I worried that social services would seperate us, but thankfully the nanny didn't ask many questions. And it wasn't long before my baby sister was old enough to go to school and no longer needed the nanny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was about that time when she started asking me about our parents. I decided that it was best for her to know the truth.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So I explained everything as simply as I could. It was hard for me to rehash the memories, but Marriah seemed okay with it. She had been so young when they passed that she barely remembered them. I, on the other hand, still struggled with the loss in more ways than one. I missed my parents, but my teen years had been taken from me. I hadn't yet had the chance to do what normal teens do...

Family Stats Round 1:
# of Sims: 2
Family net worth: 20,000

Back / Next

4 comments:

Rhexy said...

Comments from the old location:

SGX1018 said...
So many sad stories... I hope the girls do okay without their parents.

6:10 PM


ruby said...
It seems you got lucky and had a good nanny! Glad the girls were able to stick together

11:22 AM


PRMami said...
Goodness poor girl here's hoping she can enjoy a bit of her teen hood - must be tough being a teen with no parents and having to raise your baby sister at that - how are they surviving is she working too?

10:56 AM


Shaunna said...
prmami-

It has not been easy for them to survive, but I built them a VERY small home (approx 7-8 thousand simoleons) and they have been doing okay with the rest. No, Natasha never had to get a job, but she did spend several hours painting!

Thanks for reading!
Shaunna

11:50 AM

Anonymous said...

This was pretty sad! Poor kids. I have a Sim who had to pretty much raise her sister but because her parents were romance/pleasure sims and could think of nothing but woohoo and dating. ;)

Anonymous said...

The poor things! I hope Natasha gets a chance to be a teen.

Fairy D said...

Sad beginnings but hopefully things will get better for the girls.
Natasha seems to be doing a great job raising her little sister though.