Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cipriani: Take Two

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Welcome back to 1 Petal Parkway. I am not sure if I shared with you last time as I was caught up in the death of my wife, but this our home. And again it is me, Lucien Cipriani. When I left off last time, I was just getting into the downward spiral I was on after Polly died. Things had gotten pretty bad. But I was trying with everything I had to turn over a new leaf.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Instead of spending every night after work at the bar, I actually came home and made dinner for Ben and Nolan. At first we didn't talk much. It was hard for me to find the right things to say, as I am sure it was for them. But when I finally spoke, all I could say was "I am so sorry...for everything, and I love you. Both of you." the boys remanined silent that night, but it was what I deserved.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had wasted so much time. Sure, I had been working stedily in the Political Career track, but I had not been putting much effort into it. When I finally took the initiative, I rose through the ranks quickly and was soon promoted to a city office. It felt good to do the right thing. Really good.

But I could not say that things in my personal life was going very well. I opened myself up to the unknown, I tried dating. And though I gave them all of me, it may have been too much and I was discouraged again and again. Turned down by woman after woman. And though it was devistating, I was not going to let myself go back down the path of self distruction.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before long, I had decided to give the dating thing a rest (a guy can only have dates backfire so many times before he becomes gun shy). It was time for Ben to go off to college, and for my youngest son Nolan to become a teenager.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nolan rolled the Pleasure Aspiration with LTW - Become Celeb Chef

I was just glad that I had not missed this important time in their lives. Seeing Ben off to Academie Le Bloom was one of the proudest moments I have ever experienced. And to think, I had almost let it all slip away with a shuffle of the cards. Things were looking up for me, but I was still alone, and soon Nolan would be off to college and I would be alone in our house.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With Ben gone, things were quiet. I looked forward to our successes as a family. It was times like this that I missed Polly the most. She would have been so proud of our son, but I was proud enough for both of us.

Family Stats Round 2:
# of sims: 3
Family Net Worth: 19,000

4 comments:

Rhexy said...

Comments from the old location:

Kerry said...
Hmmm--well, at least he's out of the Card Shack! I still feel sorry for him though, all those rejections! He just needs to find the right woman.

I'm enjoying your stories, even though they are a bit sad.

8:08 AM


Shaunna said...
Kerry-
Thanks! I don't want to give it away, so I won't confirm or deny his future happiness ;). Also, I am going to check out your blog as soon as I have minute. I am very much looking forward to it!

7:47 AM


ruby said...
Geez he's breaking my heart! Give up on women... find a good friend. I'm glad he has made the attempt to make up with his kids tho.. at least that is something!

7:38 AM


SGX1018 said...
It's awesome to see that he's finally broke his depression and is enjoying his family more and more.

Congrats on sending Ben of to college, I personally don't do Uni in my challenges but it's fun reading about others who do.

Wow, Nolan sure has an acne problem. I've never had this happen in my game, ever, so it's kind of weird when I see it happen with other sims.

4:25 PM


Anonymous said...
Hi Shaunna! I just stumbled across your blog and just got done reading all your entries! I'm also doing the Prosperity Challenge! I rolled 5 families though, so my neighborhood is quite huge already! Your challenge is off to a great start! I like all the background story you gave on your families, it makes it so interesting to read! I'll add you to my links list on my blog so I can check back often for more updates!

5:38 PM


Vilma said...
Well at least he's getting better for his kids but man how many times did he get rejected? Poor guy!

12:19 PM


Rachel said...
Great update again! It really tugged at the heart striings.

12:35 PM

Anonymous said...

These families get happier, right? LOL Great update. Glad the dad is finally trying to do better. Hope he finds a lady friend soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Lucien came around and started paying attention to his family. Things are looking up!

Fairy D said...

I am glad that dad is turning things around. The boys will come around eventually. They are just hurting.