Thursday, January 4, 2007

Round 8: Nolan and Nancy Cipriani

**update voiced by Nolan Cipriani**
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I just have to say that I am not having the easiest time with my brother's infidelity. And it all happened in the shadow of our father's death. You may not be aware, but after our mother died I became close to my father. Ben, on the other hand, never had a chance to truly repair their relationship. Now, when I wish I had my father to talk to the most, he is no longer with us. Despite his troubed relationship with Ben he would have helped to smooth things over. I am not sure if what I said to him was right, or would have any effect.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maybe I yelled too much and didn't listen enough. Whatever it was our relationship was strained and I needed to do something to get him off my mind.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nancy and I had both reached the top of our careers. A life dream for Nancy in her business career, and for me, just one of my dreams...to become an aclaimed artist. But I wanted to do more with my art. So, with a few nudges from Nancy I put a call in...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
...and ended up purchasing a local gallery. I have not decided what to call it yet. I am worred that it is too pompus to call it the "Nolan Cipriani Gallery", so for now it remains the "Von Dough Gallery". I never really knew Steve Von Dough, but I gathered that he was a collector rather than an artist. Anyway here is a shot of the gallery.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Things were going great, the gallery attracted alot of high rolling clientelle and it was easy for me to make money working alone on the floor.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our first day in business and the reporters were knocking down the door to review the gallery now under new managment. It wasn't long before they named my gallery best of the best.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I couldn't believe the honor was granted to me in such a short time in business, but I did not complain. Simply hung the plaque with a smile.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Between the gallery and our careers we were doing great financially, so I purchased us a new car. It was a big step up from our crappy little two door hatch back, but hey we had worked hard for it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nancy and Miles were really happy at all of our successes. And though neither of them had the time to help me at the gallery, I was happy to handle things on my own for a while. It was my passion and I wanted them free to persue their own.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nolan reached the top of his teen cullinary career. We were so proud. We knew that his choice of flipping burgers would not be what he did with the rest of his life, but we were glad that he applied himself in whatever he chose to do.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We also allowed him to go on dates. He did date a couple of girls, but was too interested and never brought any of them home to meet Nancy and I. But we knew that when he did that she would be special.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I took our family portraits before Miles headed off to school. I was glad for the memory of my son as a teeneager. He was growing so fast and with him out on his own for the first time...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's right, our little boy has been accepted to the new college for Rose Isaland called Thorn Valley Tech. I had wanted him to foolw in my footsteps at Academie Le Bloom, but I also knew he needed to make his own path.

Family Stats Round 8
# of sims: 2 (1 at college)
# of pets: 1
Family net worth: 92,773
Business net worth: 43,798
Total net woth: 136,551

4 comments:

Roo said...

I love this family, they're just sweet, but then... they can be too sweet. I think I have a cavity. LOL
Congrats with the best of the best! That rocks!
Miles reaches TOC teen, goes to uni and with the 2 TOCs as well, this is one successful family!

Ziese52 said...

Nice update here too. I really like the family portraits.

Anonymous said...

Art galleries are one of my favourite businesses!
I like the family photos at the end. I wish I had a camera on every single one of my lots!

Fairy D said...

Wow this family is doing great. I am that one of the Cipriani boys has his head on straight.